Ergonomics is a science concerned with the 'fit' between people and their work. It takes into account the worker's capabilities and limitations in seeking to ensure that tasks, equipment, information and the environment suit each worker. Proper ergonomic design and posture are essential in preventing repetitive strain injuries, which can develop over time and can lead to long-term disability.
Evaluations cover the detection and correction of postural deficiencies to reduce the stress on the body at the work place. To learn more about how Ergonomics can improve the workplace click here to learn more.
Mission Bay Chiropractic offers one-on-one personal ergonomic evaluations. Call our clinic for details or to set up an evaluation with our Certified Office Ergonomic Evaluators, Dr. Wayne Yuen.
Basic Ergonomic Evaluation
15-20 min/work station on average (3-5/hour) per doctor.
- This depends on the layout of the office as well as the locations of the employee.
- This is where we evaluate and then make adjustments not only to the workstation but also how the worker interacts with their workstation.
- Any permissible workstation changes will be made during the actual evaluation.
- Any additional changes or recommendations will be given in writing and gone over with the HR/office manager
Comprehensive Ergonomic Evalution
30 min/work station on average (2/hour) per doctor.
- This is the Basic Ergonomic Evaluation PLUS a chiropractic evaluation.
- This is our comprehensive approach using the expertise of a trained chiropractor to identify and prevent any possible work related injures before they become a problem for the employee and the employer down the line. We address any concerns the employee might have and give them more detailed and specific recommendations tailored to the individual needs of the employee. This may include stretches, exercises and recommendation in regards to what has been addressed in the evaluation.
- $190/hr for each doctor ($380 for both Doctors)
- 1 hour minimum
- All billing is done in 15 minute increments.
- We highly recommend to have your employees sign up for specific set times before the evaluation.
Travel Time and Parking
Cost for parking and travel time will be included on the final invoice. If travel time is under 15 minutes from our office, then the travel time will be waived. Travel time will also be waived if the scheduled Ergonomic Evaluation is for 3 or more hours. Travel time is billed at the hourly rate.
Here what our clients have to say!
"We moved offices and were in need of some ergonomic evaluations for employees. I found Mission Bay Chiropractic, gave them a call, and within a few minutes scheduled Dr. Affatato and Dr. Yuen to visit our office. Since then, we have had them return numerous times! Dr. Affatato and Dr. Yuen know exactly what we need and are efficient. Our employees find their evaluations very helpful and appreciate their attention to detail. I am so glad we found them and look forward to working with them more!"
-Michelle L., Talent Program Manager at Airbnb.com
"Dr. Wayne and Dr. Chuck stopped by our office and gave everyone an ergonomic evaluation, which was extremely helpful. One of our office mates has some early carpal tunnel symptoms and we all needed some tips on how to work more comfortably without injury. If you are in pain or need some help with learning how to sit at your desk while decreasing your chances of injury, I highly recommend getting an ergonomic evaluation from Mission Bay Chiropractic."
-Adam O., Owner at Flixya Entertainment